Colorful Pacifier ClipsLucinda Winston
You can add labels for clothing to almost all of your sewing crafts. A great gift item you can add to your stockpile is the colorful pacifier clip. This clip is fast and simple to make, which makes it great for beginners.
- You’ll need two 14 by 2 1/4 inch strips of fabric for each pacifier clip you make. You’ll also need 14 by 1 1/8 inch rectangles of interfacing, Velcro, and suspender clips.
- Once you cut all of your materials, fold the patterned fabric in half, and iron it. Open it back up and cut two small squares of Velcro. Place the rigid side 1/4 inch from the end of the fabric and sew in place. Measure 1 1/2 inches and place the second piece of Velcro (the soft end) and sew in place.
- Fold the material back in half, making sure the interfacing is in there. Stitch the open end using a rolled hem. Go around the edges, and up the other end, meeting where you started.
- Clip the hanging thread and use Fray Check on the corners.
- Take the suspender clip and loop the end through it. Sew it down using the same type of stitch. You can add a sewing label to it at this step, using a zigzag stitch or during the step where you add the Velcro.
Once you get the hang of these, you can make each one in less than 10 minutes. These make for great gifts for all the moms you know with young kids.
For other great gift ideas, and to learn more about our selection of quality labels, contact us at It’s Mine Labels!